Monday 28 April 2014

Changmin. Second attempt

Everything about him is so hard to draw! Argh. As always, I had a lot of trouble with his eyes. They are his best features and I hate to spoil them all the time, I drew and re-drew, and re-drew. Over and over.

Finally, I thought the left eye looked decent enough. But alas, I couldn't draw a matching right eye. *grumbles* And then the face was too small for the eyes... I had to do the jawline so many freaking times. Haha. I thought I had the hardest part down. But omo, the nose and mouth gave me a headache. So I simplified them. A lot. *blink blink* 

So. Presenting Changmin with a weird nose. 
DSC08336 
I am happy with the top left part of his face:
DSC08336-2

I took 2 hours for this! I am contemplating reading up on portrait drawing. Till now, my method is just Look and Draw, then Erase and Draw. Repeat multiple times. I am sure there is a more effective way. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment