Thursday 3 September 2015

Still a fangirl at heart

So I've gotten really busy and combined with some stuff that happened in the fandom, or at least the group of fandom people I know, I've been kind of put off fangirling for a while. So much so that I thought my love for the boys had gradually faded away. Though regretful, I let it.

I was simply not as interested anymore. Though I still want to know about the boys, they don't affect me the way they once did.

Then I got my Tistory Concert DVD (just bought the Bluray because TVXQ is worth it and Tistory is a fantastic concert!). I don't know how to explain it to you. I was just casually watching it while folding laundry. I stopped once in a while to watch. Decided to give them my full attention at the unplugged medley segment.

Oh... they sang fabulously well. My Little Princess... You Only Love... I was so impressed. Then Changmin did the bridge with all the difficult high notes. Perfectly. And I burst out sobbing. I surprised even myself. I cried throughout the medley.

I clutched my chest. Oh my heart...Why did I ever think I was over them. You know I truly love Yunho and Changmin as people. As people I look up to. They're not merely celebrities to me. It's not that superficial. They managed to impress me and move me once again in Tistory. I realised once again why, why I devoted so much of my time and affection to them.

Soon after, my With Concert bluray arrived. *cries* More bursting into tears while watching. You have no idea how good they are. They were already superb but they've outdone themselves yet again. I saw their hardwork, their conviction and their love for the fans through their perfectly executed performances. Their sweat and tears. Oh their tears...

Inevitably, I was reminded of what these two good men had to go through to reach this place. Theirs is a touching and inspirational story which will move even non-fans to tears. Well, it did make me cry for 2 days even when I hardly knew them then. I was also reminded of what their fans had to go through . The fights, the struggles, the heartaches and the uncertainties. Suffer no more my boys and fellow fans, we made it! And now, we just have to wait. They will be back sooner than we know. *sobs*

Of course, I thought about the friends I made along the way ever since I stepped aboard this TVXQ train. The adventures we had together: Shilla SG, Catch Me HK, SmTown SG, TIME Tokyo, WITH Osaka, anniversary meetups, increasing YT views and votes for their Something Comeback.... There are so many precious memories. No, these can't just fade away. They won't.

Now I am more assured then ever that when Yunho and Changmin come back as TVXQ, I will welcome them with a full heart. I would have attended numerous meetups with fellow fans. We would have teared and laughed and spazzed and had a good time, because of the 2 boys we love deeply. I would have missed them so much.

When they come back, I might cry as all these memories start to flood back again. But I will still be their fan. Whether I like it or not, they're part of my life. And they're here to stay.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what too? I can sympathize and agree with you wholeheartedly about your feelings and all of your emotions here regarding TVXQ.

    I, too, at one time...almost felt as if I should continue to be fans of theirs as well. It came at a time when I felt I could no longer keep up with all the new info on them, new photos and videos, etc. and I felt I just could no longer keep up anymore. But then WITH Tour Concert came as well as T1ST0RY Concert, and low n'behold, I thought to myself, 'What in the HECK am I doing'?! Trying to forget everything I've ever stood for in this fandom I belong to...and forgetting this awesome duo that's so unmatched 'til this day??? Am I CRAZY! (I thought)

    Well, NO MORE either. *hi-5 u* <3 Hey, us TVXQ fans gotta stick together, you know? We've ALL been through so much through the years with them, with all the fangirls we've made, and there's not ONE ounce of regret, tears, or heartache I'd take back. EVER. Not with this group and not with this fandom. XD

    I used to be a former fan of Johnny's (JE) so long ago back in 2006, when I was into Tackey & Tsubasa (T&T). (a Jpop duo-idol group from Japan) T&T is a Sempai group just like Tohoshinki is. I was a BIG fan of theirs long ago. But, it only lasted 6 years. Not as long as TVXQ for me. I've been such a dedicated fan of TVXQ myself, even though I've never been to any of their abroad/overseas concerts before in my life. :( But, I DO own LOTS of dvd's and cd albums/singles of theirs, as well as concert goods. (almost own all dvd's and cd's to my collection now) And yes, fangirls have bought concert goods for me even though I've never attended any of them. I know LOTS of BE fanclub members from Japan on my FB and Twitter. (and several in LA) And, if you're wondering...no, unfortunately, I'm not a BE fanclub member either. :'( :( I wish to become one. Sadly enough, I've never had the opportunity to do so. And, Celga online doesn't do Tohoshinki fanclub applications anymore. (oh well) I'm also not a Cassiopeia fanclub member. :( I mostly follow Bigeast anyway.

    ReplyDelete